December Current Affairs for Competitive Exams Information related to daily current affairs in short form … Hindi Current Affairs Quiz: December 2019
Current Affairs Quiz: December 20, 2019
1. National Conference on Uniformed Women in Jail Administration is being organized in which district of Madhya Pradesh?
Recently a National Conference on Uniformed Women in Jail Administration was organized in Bhopal. Women working in prison administration are working in this conference.
2. How much has the GST Council fixed the GST rate for lottery?
Answer – 28%
The Goods and Services Tax Council has fixed the GST rate at 28% on state-run and private lottery.
3. Which Assembly has passed a resolution to give details of its assets to MLAs every year?
Answer: Madhya Pradesh
The Madhya Pradesh Legislative Assembly has passed a resolution every year detailing its assets to MLAs. The purpose of this proposal is to bring transparency in the political system.
4. Which state government has launched the Jalsathi program?
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik recently launched a program called ‘Jalsathi’ to ensure the supply of safe drinking water in the state. Under this launch, water quality testing kits and POS (point of sale) machines were distributed to women volunteers, these women have been named Jalsathi.
5. Which international organization has approved a drug called “Trastuzumab” for breast cancer?
Answer: World Health Organization
The World Health Organization has approved a drug called “Trastuzumab” for breast cancer. Cancer can be treated at an early stage with the help of this medicine.
6. When was International Migrant Day 2019 celebrated?
Answer: 18 December
Every year 18 December is celebrated as International Migrant Day. It was established by the United Nations General Assembly on 4 December 2000 by passing resolution 55/93. It aims to ensure the protection of the rights of migrants.
7. Which secure messaging app is being developed by the central government for communication?
Answer – GIMS
The central government is testing prototypes of a messaging application like popular messaging platforms like WhatsApp and Telegram. This is a very secure app. The app is named ‘Government Instant Messaging System (GIMS)’. Employees of central government, state government and organizations will be able to use this app for secure communication.
8. Who was awarded Sahitya Akademi Award 2019 in English language?
Answer: Shashi Tharoor
Recently, Sahitya Akademi Award 2019 was announced in 23 languages. Shashi Tharoor has been awarded the Sahitya Akademi Award for his book “An Era of Darkness: The British Empire in India”.
9. In which city Rajasthan government has started the first Janata Clinic?
Recently, the Janata Clinic was inaugurated by Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot in Jaipur, through which primary health care will be provided to the people living in the settlements.
10. How many American presidents have been impeached in the US House of Representatives?
Answer – Three
Recently Donald Trump has become the third President of the US who has been impeached in the House of Representatives. The removal of the US president requires the approval of two-thirds of the Senate members, while the Republican Party currently has a majority in the Senate.
Current Affairs Quiz: December 19, 2019
1. Shriram Lagu died recently, he belongs to which field?
On 18 December 2019, film actor Shriram Lagu died in Pune. He acted in films such as Natsamrat, Pinjra, Ek Baadh Sudden, Gharonda, Lavaris.
2. Which Indian female cricketer has been included in ICC’s ODI and T20 Team of the Year?
Answer – Smriti Mandhana
India’s Smriti Mandhana has been included in the ICC’s ODI and T20 Team of the Year. Jhulan Goswami, Poonam Yadav and Shikha Pandey have also been included in the ODI Team of the Year. While T20 team includes Deepti Sharma.
3. Recently Urdu writer Mujtaba Hussain has decided to return the Padma Shri award, which city are they from?
Hyderabad-based Urdu writer Mujtaba Hussain has decided to return the Padma Shri award in protest against the Citizenship Amendment Act. He was conferred the Padma Shri award in 2007. It has been decided to return the Padma Shri award.
4. Which country has been selected as the focus country in the 44th Calcutta Book Fair?
The 44th Calcutta Book Fair will begin on January 29, 2020 in Calcutta. It will have Russia Focal Country. 22 countries will participate in it.
5. By which year, under the National Broadband Mission, the target is to provide broadband connectivity to all villages?
Answer – 2022
Recently Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad launched the National Broadband Mission. Under this mission, the target is to connect all villages with broadband by 2022. Under this mission, 2,50,000 gram panchayats of the country will be connected to the optic-fiber network. The mission aims to increase the tower density from 0.42 per 1000 to 1 tower per 1000 people by 2024.
6. Recently Carnival of Ulast, which has been in the headlines, belongs to which country?
Carnival of Ulast is held annually in the city of Ulster, Belgium. Recently, UNESCO declared this carnival as the masterpiece of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity.
7. Which state government has launched schemes called ‘Vijayamritam’ and ‘Sahachari’?
The Kerala government has recently launched schemes called ‘Vijayamritam’ and ‘Sahachari’ for the differently-abled. Under ‘Vijayamritam’, financial assistance will be provided to the persons with high marks in the degree.
8. In which country is the Jallo Wildlife Park located?
Jallo Wildlife Park is located in Lahore district of Pakistan. Recently Lahore-Wagah shuttle train service has started after 22 years. This will help people coming to see the flag hoisting ceremony in Jallo Park and Wagah.
9. Recently Ellis Perry, who was in the headlines, is related to which country?
The International Cricket Council recently announced the ICC Annual Awards. Australian female cricketer Alice Perry won the Rachel Hayhoe-Flint Award for ICC Woman Cricketer of the Year. He was also named the ICC Women’s ODI Player of the Year.
10. Recently IAU has named a dwarf star after which Indian scientist?
Answer: Bibha Chaudhary
The Paris-based International Astronomical Union (IAU) named a dwarf star (Dwarf Star) in Sextons planetarium named after Dr. Bibha Chaudhary, an Indian female scientist.