How to prepare for SSC CHSL 2020? SSC CHSL exam is the most awaited examination which starts from 1 July 2019 and will run till 26 July 2019. SSC CHSL exam is conducted for many posts. By this time your preparation should be complete as there is not much time left for SSC CHSL exam. To help you score well in Tier I exam, we are sharing this article with you on SSC CHSL Preparation Tips which cover topic-wise useful tips and tricks.
Preparation Tips for SSC CHSL Tier I Exam 2019 (SSC CHSL Preparation Tips for Tier I Exam 2019)
There are four sections in SSC CHSL exam and each section is important. Since the syllabus of SSC CHSL is huge. However, important topics are limited. The important thing here is to cover these important topics first, as they will help you to get maximum marks in SSC CHSL exam.
Read on to get SSC CHSL preparation tips and tricks;
1. Read the newspaper daily.
2. Get to know important news and current events.
3. Practice 1 full mock test daily to analyze your SSC CHSL preparation.
Before going through SSC CHSL Preparation Tips for Tier, we go through the exam pattern and syllabus of SSC CHSL. This will help you create a practical strategy for the exam.
SSC CHSL Tier I Examination – This exam will consist of four sections-
- Quantitative Aptitude
2. General Intelligence
3. English Language
4. General Awareness / General Knowledge
SSC CHSL Preparation Tips 2020
SSC CHSL Preparation Tips for English (SSC CHSL Preparation Tips for English)
The questions in this section will be based on Sentence Re-Arrangement, Reading Comprehension, Error Spotting, Sentence Improvement and Close Test.
1. Reading Comprehension:
You can expect at least 5 questions from this section in the exam.
1. First of all, read RC in an effort and try to cover the passage all at once.
2. Focus on the facts or the main idea of the given RC
3. Read the questions, this will help you to find the answer related to that question quickly.
4. Practice RC regularly to gain momentum in this scoring subject.
2. Close Test
There can be at least five questions from this section.
1. Passage in the clause test may include up to five spaces. You must fill in the most appropriate option by removing the incorrect options.
2. Find the reasoning behind the phrase, this will help you find the exact answer.
3. Revise all grammar rules. This will help you to solve all the questions accurately. In addition, you will be able to reorganize the sentence more accurately.
3. Synonyms antonyms:
About 2 questions of this section can be asked in the exam. To master this section, follow the tips given below-
1. To learn synonyms and antonyms, try to learn words from around you.
2. Keep an eye on new words, you can also learn all the words you have heard.
3. It is important to note all unfamiliar words.
4. Idioms and Phrases:
You can get four questions from this section.
1. Practice several mock tests / previous years papers to clear this section. You can also use flash cards for easy recall.
How to prepare for SSC CHSL?
SSC CHSL Preparation Tips for General Intelligence and Reasoning (SSC CHSL Preparation Tips for General Intelligence and Reasoning)
You will get questions based on verbal and non-verbal types. It may contain questions from Symbolic Operations, Analogy, Venn Diagrams, Classification, Series, Paper Folding and Unfolding, Figure Pattern, Number Series, Critical Thinking and more.
1. Solve different types of puzzles to clear the reasoning section. You can also play tricky game to make this section easy.
2. Reasoning questions are mostly based on reasoning, so solve such questions using the correct techniques.
3. Choose from at least four topics of reasoning syllabus and solve them daily.
4. Do not forget to revise the subjects after one day.
5. Practice short-cut methods or tricks to master its use. Use them regularly to save time.
6. Solve mock tests / quizzes on a daily basis.
SSC CHSL Preparation Tips for Quantitative Aptitude for Quantitative Aptitude
Quant section is the most time consuming and difficult section to clear SSC CHSL Tier I exam. However, the best thing is that you can score 50 marks in this section.
1.Learn quick mental calculations.
2. Recall cubes, square root with formulas and short tricks. This will help you save time for other classes.
3. The questions of time, work and wages are of basic level, however, they can vary from easy to difficult or vice versa.
4. It is best if you practice all kinds of basic level questions.
5. Practicing short-cut tricks and formulas will help you to deal with the question on the basis of profit and loss, relaxation to get the answer quickly.
6. Try SSC CHSL mock test / previous years papers.
7. Give more time to classes that are difficult for you.
SSC CHSL General Awareness / General Knowledge Preparation Tips (SSC CHSL Preparation Tips for General Awareness / General Knowledge)
This section can be easily cleared with the right kind of strategy. To crack this section and get maximum marks, go through the tricks mentioned below –
1.Read the newspaper, this will help you to stay updated with the current affairs section.
2.You can also watch national news channels regularly for one hour.
3.You should solve at least 1-2 mock tests per day.
4.You can also read current affairs magazine like Manorama.
5. Brush up your core concepts of science including chemistry, physics and biology.
6.Do not ignore topics related to politics, business and economics.
Hope you have liked this article of SSC CHSL Preparation Tips for Tier I Exam. If you have any questions related to the article, mention it in the comments section.