IBPS Clerk Salary and Job Profile (IBPS Clerk Salary and Job Profile) – Learn about IBPS Clerk Salary and Allowances here!
IBPS Clerk Salary and Job Profile . This year a total of 12075 vacancies have been issued in participating banks. This is a great opportunity for those candidates who want to pursue a career in banking and financial sector.
Clerks in IBPS get a good IBPS clerk salary. In addition, there are ample opportunities to learn and grow in this job. The candidates appearing for the examination must be wondering what is IBPS clerk salary and job profile. Of course, before applying for any job, it is mandatory that candidates get clear information about salary, job description and scope of promotion. In this article, we will provide you all information about IBPS clerk salary, IBPS clerk work profile and IBPS clerk career growth.
IBPS clerk salary and job profile and career growth
The salary of IBPS clerk is the sum of basic salary and other allowances.
1. The initial basic salary for an IBPS clerk is Rs 11,765. clerk pay scale is: 11765-655 / 3-13730-815 / 3-16175-980 / 4-20095-1145 / 7-28110-2120 / 1-30230 / 1310-1-31540.
2. This means the minimum basic salary for the IBPS clerk is Rs 11,765 while the maximum is Rs 31540.
3. Initial Basic Salary – Rs 11765 with an annual increase of Rs 655 for three years
4. 3 years Basic pay – Rs 13730 and annual increment of Rs 815 for next three years
5. after next 3 years Basic salary – Rs 16175 and annual increase of Rs 980 for next four years
6. next 4 years – Rs 20095 and annual increase of Rs 1145 for next 7 years
7. after next 7 years Basic salary – Rs 28110 and annual increase of Rs 2120 for next one year
8. next 1 year Basic pay – Rs 30230 and annual increment of Rs 1310 for next one year
9. after next year Basic salary – Rs 31540 (maximum basic salary)
IBPS Clerk Salary and Working Profile: Other Allowances
Apart from basic pay, IBPS clerks are entitled to other allowances, which are calculated on the basis of posting and other factors. By combining all these allowances / components with the basic salary, you will get the total IBPS clerk salary.
The various IBPS clerk allowances are tabulated below:
|Special allowance||Initially, the special allowance is 7.5 percent of the basic salary. Special allowance will be increased from Rs 400 to Rs 500 after completing one year of service.|
|Dearness allowance (DA)||This component is 4 percent of the IBPS clerk basic salary. The DA depends on the CPI and is updated quarterly, ie after every three months.|
|House Rent Allowance (HRA)||The HRA depends on the location of the posting. This will be 8.5 percent of the basic pay for metro cities, 7.5 percent of the basic pay for cities with a population of more than 5 lakh and other cities basic pay for 6.5 percent of the.|
|Travel allowance||Expenses on official tours and travel will be reimbursed by the bank.|
|Medical allowance||It is paid once a year. For IBPS clerk, the amount is fixed at Rs 2000.|
IBPS Clerk Salary Structure
Let us now look at the detailed IBPS clerk salary structure:
|Places with population over 4.5 million||Places with population less than 4.5 million|
|Basic Pay||Rs 11765||Rs 11765|
|dearness allowance||Rs 5311||Rs 5311|
|Travel allowance||Rs 425||Rs 425|
|Special allowance||Rs 911||Rs 911|
|House rent allowance||Rs 1176||Rs 1058|
|Total IBPS Clerk Salary||Rs 19588||Rs 19470|
IBPS Clerk Job Profile: IBPS Clerk Roles and Responsibilities
IBPS clerks are one of the most important positions of the bank for which they work. Apart from a decent IBPS clerk salary, the job gives a very good option to know about how the bank works.
IBPS clerks are also known as single-window operators because they have to sit at a single window counter and deal with customers. In every bank, clerks act as points of contact for customers. They address customers’ curiosities, guide them through various rules and formalities and solve various issues presented by customers.
IBPS clerk banks work in various departments, fulfilling a variety of positions. They work as loan clerk, accounts clerk, data entry clerk, office clerk etc.
The various roles and responsibilities of IBPS clerks are as follows:
IBPS Clerk Rolls and Responsibilities
1. Verification of various documents and evidences submitted by customers
2. Updating the passbook of account holders
3. Responsible for important documents various , keys bank, cash etc.
4. Issue of demand drafts (DD), bank accounts for customers, cash receipts, etc.
5. Clearance clearance by customers
6. Maintaining various bank documents, balance sheet, ledger etc.
7. Resolving various customer issues
8. Providing information about the latest schemes and policies of the government
9. Providing guidance to customers related to various banking activities
10. Participation in treasury operations
11. Addressing customer queries
12. Miscellaneous work
IBPS Clerk Promotions
As mentioned above, the IBPS clerk offers great growth potential at both personal and professional level. When you work as a bank clerk and learn how the banks work, you will get ample opportunities to prove your ability and qualifications. Depending on your performance and contribution to the organization, you will get a chance to grow. Many top bankers started their careers as bank clerks and gradually climbed up the ladder to higher positions.
IBPS clerks must work for at least 2 years before applying for promotion. After this, they will get a chance to get promotion once every two years. The following two procedures are given for IBPS Clerk Promotions:
- general procedure
2. Merit based process
As part of the normal procedure, IBPS clerks are promoted based on their experience and seniority. However, they have to pass a written examination conducted internally. Candidates getting promotion through this process do not require JAIIB and CAIIB diplomas. Clerk after a written examination to become a trainee officer and then a bank probationary officer (PO).
Under the merit based process, candidates should have a JAIIB and CAIIB diploma from the Indian Institute of Banking and Finance.
Subsequent promotions from the probationary officer are as follows:
1. Assistant Manager – Scale 1
2. Manager – Scale 2
3. Senior Manager – Scale 3
4. Chief Manager – Scale 4
5. Assistant General Manager – Scale 5
6. Deputy General Manager – Scale 6
7. General Manager – Scale 7
Now that you know everything about IBPS clerk salary, job description and promotion, you have enough reason to motivate yourself and give your best shot in the exam. Through IBPS Clerk Syllabus and IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern, make sure that you finish everything completely.