Latest Current Affairs for Competitive Exams, Latest Current Affairs in hindi, Latest Current Affairs 2019, Current Affairs
Current Affairs Quiz: December 22-23, 2019
1. Which national program has been launched by the Central Government to promote cross-disciplinary leadership?
Answer – EChO Network
To promote cross-disciplinary leadership in the country, the central government has launched a national program called EChO Network.
2. Which state won the Most Film Friendly State Award at the 66th National Film Awards?
Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu recently presented the 66th National Film Awards, Uttarakhand received the Most Film Friendly State Award.
3. Abhinav Lohan is related to which sport?
Abhinav Lohan has won the 2019 Bangalore Open Golf Championship.
4. Which Indian Bharatolak won the gold medal in the 6th Qatar International Cup?
Answer: Mirabai Chanu
Indian Bharatolak (weight lifter) Mirabai Chanu won a gold medal in the 49 kg category at the Qatar International Cup. In this event, he won the gold medal by lifting 194 kg.
5. When is National Mathematics Day celebrated?
Answer: 22 December
In India, 22 December is celebrated every year as National Mathematics Day. The day was announced by Dr. Manmohan Singh on 26 February 2012. This day is celebrated in memory of the great mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan. Various math related programs are organized in schools and colleges on this occasion.
6. The 5th edition of ARTECH is organized by which Indian armed force?
Answer: Indian Army
The fifth seminar of ARTECH Seminar under ‘Make in India’ is being organized by the Indian Army in Delhi. The seminar is attended by policy makers of the Ministry of Defense, people from industry and education sector.
7. With which international organization has the ICC partnered for the Women’s T20 World Cup?
The International Cricket Council has partnered UNICEF for the Women’s T20 World Cup 2020, with a focus on empowering women and girls.
8. Which tech company has partnered with NASSCOM for the ‘Future Skills’ platform?
The country’s leading IT companies Wipro and NASSCOM have decided to launch a platform called “Future Skills” to train 10,000 engineering students. Through this, training will be imparted to students about Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things etc.
9. In which state was the 11th Regional Quality Conclave organized?
11th 11th Regional Quality Conclave was organized at Rudrapur, Uttarakhand. It was organized by the Quality Council of India and the PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Current Affairs Quiz: December 24, 2019
1. In which city did the Bharatiya Janata Party organize Avinandan Jatra in support of the Citizenship Amendment Act?
The Bharatiya Janata Party organized Avinandan Jatra in Calcutta in support of the Citizenship Amendment Act. According to this new law, 6 oppressed minority communities from Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan can apply for Indian citizenship.
2. Who is the author of the book ‘The Greatest Folk Tales of Bihar’?
Answer: Nalin Verma
Journalist and author Nalin Verma has written a book called ‘The Greatest Folk Tales of Bihar’. This book describes 37 stories.
3. K. Ramchandra Babu died recently, he was associated with which field?
Recently cinematographer K.K. Ramachandra Babu died, he was associated with Malayalam cinema, besides he acted in Tamil, Telugu, Hindi, Arabic and English films.
4. Thumri expert Vidushi Savita Devi died recently, to whom she belonged?
Answer: Banaras Gharana
Recently, Vidushi Savita Devi died, she belonged to Banaras Gharana. She was an expert in classical music. Yes, he died at the age of 80 in Gurugram.
5. Which player has secured the first position in the Forbes India Celebrity 100 list?
Answer: Virat Kohli
Indian cricket team captain Virat Kohli has secured the first position in the Forbes India Celebrity 100 list. Virat Kohli earned Rs 252.72 crore between October 1, 2018 and September 30, 2019. In this list, Akshay Kumar is in second place and Salman Khan in third place.
6. National Farmer’s Day is celebrated on the birthday of which Prime Minister in India?
Answer – Chaudhary Charan Singh
Every year on 23 December is celebrated as National Farmers Day in India, this day is celebrated in memory of former Prime Minister of India Chaudhary Charan Singh. This day is also celebrated as Charan Singh Jayanti. Chaudhary Charan Singh was born on 23 December.
7. Manuel Marrero Cruz became the new Prime Minister of which country?
Cuban President Miguel Diaz-Kanel has appointed Cuba’s first Prime Minister in 40 years, with Manuel Marrero Cruz becoming Cuba’s first Prime Minister in four decades. His term will be five years. Prior to this he has served as Cuba’s tourism minister for 16 years. He is an architect by profession.
8. ‘Eko’ is a common Madura of which region of Africa?
Eight West African countries have decided to rename the common currency “CFA Franc” to “Echo”. This new currency will come into circulation only in 2020.
9. Organization of Islamic Cooperation is a group of how many Muslim countries?
Answer – 57
Recently the Organization of Islamic Cooperation has condemned the Government of India in the Citizenship (Amendment) Act, 2019 and the Babri Masjid case. The Jeddah-based Islamic Cooperation Organization is a group of Islamic countries.
10. Where is the headquarters of National Institute of Oceanography located?
The Goa based National Institute of Oceanography has conducted a study called “Assessment of macro and micro plastics along the west coast of India: abundance, distribution, polymer type and toxicity”. According to this study, the beaches of Maharashtra are more polluted with micro-plastics and maco-plastics than Goa and Karnataka.
Current Affairs Quiz: December 25, 2019
1. When is National Consumer Day celebrated?
Answer: 24 December
24 December is celebrated every year as National Consumer Day in India. The Consumer Protection Act, 1986 was approved by the President on 24 December 1986. The rights and responsibilities of the consumer are highlighted through this day.
2. Which Indian shuttler won the title of men’s singles in Bangladesh Junior International Badminton Series 2019?
Answer – Misnam Miraba Luwang
Indian shuttler Misnam Miraba Luwang has won the men’s singles title in Bangladesh Junior International Badminton Series 2019.
3. Which Indian archaeologist was honored at the Silver Jubilee International Conference of Art in Dhaka?
Answer – Dr. Ramachandran Nagaswamy
Indian archaeologist Dr. Ramachandran Nagaswamy was honored at the Silver Jubilee International Conference of Art in Dhaka. He was given this honor for his contribution in the field of art, archeology, history and culture.
4. Which organization has launched SDG India Index & Dashboard 2019–20?
Answer: NITI Aayog
Dr. Rajeev Kumar, Deputy Chairman, NITI Aayog will launch the SDG India Index & Dashboard 2019–20 on December 30, 2019.
5. Which Indian-American has been appointed the Chief Technology Officer of the Telecom Commission of America?
Answer: Dr. Monisha Ghosh
Indian-American Dr. Monisha Ghosh has been appointed the Chief Technology Officer of the Telecom Commission of America. She will take charge on January 13, 2020.
6. Who has been chosen as the 2019 ITF World Champion in the men’s singles category?
Answer: Rafael Nadal
Rafael Nadal has been selected as the 2019 ITF World Champion in the men’s singles category, while in the women’s singles category, the title has been given to Ashley Barty.
7. Which state government has launched Netanna Nestham scheme?
Answer: Andhra Pradesh
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy recently wrote ‘Y.S.R. Netanna Nestham Yojana has been launched. The scheme will benefit 85,000 handloom weaver families in the state. 24,000 rupees will be provided to the beneficiary family under this scheme.
8. Which country has declared emergency in Galápagos Islands due to the recent fuel outbreak?
Ecuador has declared an emergency due to the outbreak of fuel in the Galápagos Islands. Recently a vessel carrying 600 gallons of diesel was sunk in the ocean near the island.